Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:
• Canadian citizen or
• person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
• permanent resident of Canada
Under Family sponsorship, you may sponsor :
• your spouse
• Common-law partner
• Conjugal partner
• Dependent child
• Adopted children
In addition to being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, the sponsor must also fulfill a few other requirements in order to be eligible.
The sponsor must:
1. Prove that they will be able to financially support their family member and any dependent, if necessary
2. Enter into an agreement with the Government of Canada or Quebec, as well as the sponsored relative, where the sponsor will agree to support the family member for a certain amount of time. The sponsored relative must make an effort to support themselves, as well.
3. Either reside in Canada prove their intention to live in Canada when the sponsored relative arrives in Canada
4. Be at least 18 years old
5. Not be incarcerated or charged with a serious offence
6. Not be bankrupt
7. Not be under a removal order if a Permanent Resident
The Family Sponsorship application can be complex and time-consuming process. To avoid unnecessary errors and delays in your application, it becomes important to seek professional help. When that help comes at competitive price and no delays, it’s a win-win situation!! We at GH Immigration Services have helped hundreds of our clients in getting permanent residence through family sponsorship.
Contact Us - 647-355-8888
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org