How to Apply for the Study Permit

Welcome to the GH Immigration


What is a study permit?

The study permit is a document we issue that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. Make sure you have all the documents you need before you apply. You should apply before you travel to Canada.

Eligibility requirements

You can study in Canada if you:
  are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
  prove you have enough money to pay for your :
>>  tuition fees
>>  living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
>>  return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
  obey the law, have no criminal record and get a police certificate (if required)
  are in good health and get a medical exam (if required)
  prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires

Get your study permit faster through the Student Direct Stream

Do you live in China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, the Philippines, Senegal or Vietnam? You might be able to get your study permit faster by applying online through the Student Direct Stream.

Accompanying family members

An applicant for a Canadian study permit may include his or her family members on the application, so that they may accompany the applicant to Canada. An accompanying spouse may be able to obtain an open work permit, and minor children may be able to study at Canadian elementary and secondary schools.

People who don’t need a permit to study in Canada

Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. The cases below are exceptions.
Short-term studies (6 months or less)
You can study at any school in Canada without a study permit if:
  your course or program lasts 6 months or less 
  your studies aren’t part of a longer program and 
  you’ll complete all your studies within the time we approved you to stay in Canada (usually 6 months after you enter) 
If you’re taking prerequisite courses, you should get a study permit, even if the courses are less than 6 months long. If you don’t, you’ll have to apply for a study permit before you can start your full study program. Depending on processing times, you may not get it in time to start your studies.

Why GH Immigration for Professional Immigration Help?

The Study Permit application can be complex and time-consuming process especially when it comes to getting offers of acceptance for institutions. To avoid unnecessary errors and delays in your application, it becomes important to seek professional help. When that help comes at competitive price and no delays, it’s a win-win situation!! We at GH Immigration Services have helped hundreds of our clients in achieving their dream of studyin in Canada come true.

Contact Us - 647-355-8888
Email -


  • Image Super Visa
    Permanent resident of Canada
  • Image Visitor Visa
    Visit with your family or friends
  • Image Work Permit / Work Visa
    Permission to work in Canada
  • Image Study Permit
    To study in Canada need the study permit
  • Image Family Sponsorship
    Canadian citizen
  • Image Express Entry
    Suitable family or students apply for this
  • Image Provincial Nominee Program